Saturday, December 6, 2014

Mediations come while focusing on Prayer

'Thy Kingdom come Thy will be done' - Learning to volunteerly allow God's will in my life over my own.

Over my COMPLETE life.

Scary. 

God I cant.

I'm not ready.

Wrestling. Crying. Wrestling. 

Me: It feels like a bandaid that won't rip off.

God: It will be ok. I promise. If you cant let go today, we can come back tomorrow.

I'm sorry. I can't right now. 

It's ok. I AM is here. 

I want to but I'm scared.

I know. It will be ok.

Honesty, it's the process... the only way.

Even-though I haven't given in, peace comes. I will reach that point of letting go.

Just a reminder: It took Jesus only a 10 second prayer to raise Lazarus from the dead, but it took Him ALL night in the garden, sweating drops of blood to just say 'Not my will, but Thy will be done'.

Letting go is hard. Allowing God's will to completely engulf your life feels impossible. But God knows this, and that's why He's patient and loving. He could really care less what it is we hold on to. What He cares more about is that it is the key to our heart. And that ultimately is what He wants more than what we are grasping that He is asking for. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this .. and if you do not mind I will quote the part where you said it only took Jesus a 10 second prayer to raise Lazarus from the dead, but ALL night to say Not my will, but thy will be done.. that is something I have never thought of ...

    ReplyDelete