Monday, September 8, 2014

Transformation...

6am. Wide awake. Rain pitter pattering on my window. Reading. Breathing. Wondering. 

Finally.... smiling. 

I smiled, a real smile, for the first time in a really long time this morning. I woke up without my alarm. I read some of my book and watched the rain fall outside my window. It has rained ALL. DAY. LONG. 

BUT. 

Sometimes rain must fall. Without rain, we would not grow. Without rain, we would die (eventually - but still a long agonizing death). Without rain, we would not appreciate the sun. So, today... with all it's ugliness I can see beauty. Beauty in the rain. I put on my rain boots & carried my umbrella... walking through every puddle I could all the way to work. 

Sometimes in life, all we need is for our perspective to change. The rain is still there, but now I jump in puddles instead of avoiding them. Because in the end we all just want to be happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment