Monday, September 1, 2014

Rough Week

SO these last couple of weeks have been stressful and difficult. Work was rough because of graduation and then I have some family issues going on right now. BUT. The small shining light has been the few people in my life I call friends. They have endured my rants, crying, blaming...  This week has been one of the ugliest in a long while, and these people still answer my text and/or calls... now that folks is friendship. It has not been pretty but it has been the beginning of a journey. 

One of these friends has suggested I read 'Mere Christianity' by C.S. Lewis. I started this book yesterday while on the beach but I must admit the majority of it went over my head. But, in his preface Lewis writes:

"IT is more like a hall out of which doors open into several rooms. If I can bring anyone into that hall I shall have done what I attempted. But it is in the rooms, not in the hall, that there are fires and chairs and meals. The hall is a place to wait in, a place from which to try the various doors, not a place to live in. It is true that some people may find they have to wait in the hall for a considerable time, while others feel certain almost at once which door they must knock at. I do not know why there is this difference, but I am sure God keeps no one waiting unless He sees that it is good for him to wait. When you do get into your room you will find that the long wait has done you some kind of good which you would not have had otherwise. But you must regard it as waiting, not as camping."

I think at some point my waiting has turned into camping. It's time to open a door... even if it is the one that scares me to death or later on I find out it is the wrong one. It's time to knock on any door and see what the room holds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment